- Scientific Program
- Special Issues
- Travel Grants
Jeju is the biggest island in Korea, situated southwest of the Korean peninsula and in the north of the Southern Sea. It embraces 62 islets and has a total area of 1,825 ㎢. It is situated at 126° 08'~126° 58' E and 33° 06'~33° 34' N. Jeju is 452 km from Seoul and 301 km from Busan. The island is located 989 km from Osaka, 1,580 km from Tokyo, 499 km from Shanghai, China, and 1,030 km from Hong Kong.
Jeju is proud of its unique cultural folk heritage as well as its geographical relevance. The island itself is an extinct volcano with its peak jutting skyward at the center and a broad, gentle littoral all the way around. There are bountiful forests and ravines, fantastic rock formations and volcanic craters, and caves and grasslands that together paint a natural scene of breathtaking beauty. Sparkling seas and tiny islets surround Jeju, with jutting rocks set amidst sandy beaches to create a magnificent view virtually everywhere you look.
- Jeju Tourism Organization: www.ijto.or.kr/english
- Jeju Province: english.jeju.go.kr
Address: 2700 Jungmun, Seogwipo, Jeju 63547, Korea
Access: From the Jeju International Airport, you will reach ICC JEJU in approximately 40-50 minutes by car through Pyeonghwa-ro Road. Limousine buses are also available every 15 minutes at the airport.
For details, please click the ICC JEJU website.
There are four ways to fly to Jeju Island:
1. Direct international flight.
2. Transfer through Asian major hub airports where direct flights to Jeju Island are available.
3. Transfer from Incheon International Airport (ICN) which is the gateway to the Republic of Korea.
4. Transfer through Incheon International Airport, bus transfer to Gimpo Airport (GMP – the second airport of Seoul) and then to Jeju Island Please make sure to arrange your travel until Jeju Island. The IATA code of Jeju International Airport is CJU.
More information on the above options:
1. Flying straight to Jeju Island
9 international routes (Tokyo, Nagoya, Osaka, Fukuoka, Beijing, Shanghai, Shenyang, Taipei and Kaohsiung) fly to/from Jeju Island.
2. From Incheon International Airport
From Incheon International Airport, there are a few flights to Jeju Island with Korean Air and Asiana Airlines, with a flight time of approximately one hour. For flight schedules, please check the airline websites.You can also move to Gimpo International Airport from Incheon International Airport easily. On arrival at Incheon International Airport, take an airport limousine bus to Gimpo Airport. It takes about 30 minutes and the fare is 6,000 Korean won (US 5$). The airport limousine bus runs everyday from 05:00 to 21:30 at 5 to 10 minute intervals.
3. From Gimpo International Airport
There are 50 to 70 flights everyday from Gimpo Airport to Jeju with Korean Air, Asiana Airlines, Jeju Air, T’way, and Eastar Jet. The flight time is approximately 50 minutes. For flight schedules, please check the airline websites. Travel from Incheon to Gimpo Airport takes about 30 minutes. However you should plan 3 hours between your arrival time at Incheon. International Airport and your departure time at Gimpo International Airport to allow for check in. Therefore if you arrive at Incheon International Airport after 17:30, you may not be able to fly on the same day to Jeju and you should stay overnight in one of the hotels near to Gimpo airport.
4. From Jeju International Airport
From Jeju International Airport, you will reach ICC Jeju in approximately 40-50 minutes by car through Pyeonghwa-Ro Road. Limousine buses are also available every 15 minutes at the airport.
5. Guide to the airport limousines
(Jeju International Airport↔Jeju International Convention Center)
6. Taxi guide (Jungmun - Jeju International Airport)
- Select the distance (long-distance or short-distance) at the taxi stop.
- When you go to the Center, it is all right to take a taxi at the long-distance stop.
- Since the taxi fare is fixed, please confirm the distance before taking a taxi
2. UNHAE HOETJIP (RAW FISH RESTAURANT)
3. HEUKDWAEJI GUIJIP HAYEONG